Vision of the District Assembly
A well-functioning decentralized Local Government System that delivers improved services, promotes people’s participation and provides enabling environment for economic growth and poverty reduction.
Mission Statement of the District Assembly
The Assembly exists to see to the improvement in the quality of life of every inhabitant within its area of jurisdiction. This is achievable through the implementation of realistic policies, programmes, projects outlined in the District’s Medium Term Development Plans.
Functions of the District Assembly
The functions of the District are spelt out in part one, section 12 of the Local Governance Act 936 of 2016 and Legislative Instrument 1961 of 2009. In summary the district assembly exercises deliberative, legislative and executive functions. These functions which are broadly aimed at attaining its vision and fulfilling its mission of improving the quality of life of its people are to:
1. Be responsible for the overall development of the District through the preparation and submission of development plans and budget to the relevant Central Government Agency/Ministry through the Regional Co-coordinating Council (RCC).
2. Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilization of the resources necessary for the overall development of the District.
3. Promote and support productive activities and social development in the District and remove any obstacles to initiative and development.
4. Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide District works and services in the District.
5. Be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and environment in the District.
6. Co-operate with the appropriate national and local security agencies and be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the District.
7. Ensure ready access to courts and public tribunals in the District, for the promotion of justice.
8. Initiate, sponsor or carry out such studies as may be necessary for the discharge of any of the functions conferred by Act 936 or any other enactment.
9. Sponsor the education of students from the district to fill particular manpower needs of the district especially in the social sectors of education and health, making sure that the sponsorship is fairly and equitably balanced between male and female students.
10. Perform such other functions as may be provided under any other enactment.
Core Values of the Assembly
As a public sector organization that has its mandate of ensuring the full implementation of the local government system, a certain set of principles, core values and acceptable ethical standards are required to guide its operations and management. The following are the core values of the Atwima Mponua District Assembly.
1. Transparency and Accountability.
2. Client-orientation, Loyalty and Commitment.
3. Diligence, Discipline and Timeliness.
4. Creativity and Innovativeness.
5. Equity and Impartiality.
7. Anonymity and Permanence.
Date Created : 12/3/2018 3:47:50 AM