The Ausogyaman District is a unique location for he development of small, medium land large-scale industries due to the following very important reasons. The District lie gateway through Volta Lake too the Northern parts of the country with the support of an inland port at Akosombo manage by Volta Lake Transport Company providing easy transport for raw materials from North.
Easy assess to power from Akosombo Hydro-Electric Plant. Proximity of the District to Accra, Tema, Lome (Togo) and many urban centres connected with good road network. Location of industries like Akosombo Textile Limited, (ATL) Juapong Textiles Limited within the District. The potentials also exists in the District for development of Bricks and Tiles Industry due to large deposit of clay soils in the District
Production Of Mineral Water
Garment Factory for Export
Due to proximity of the District to Accra-Tema Metropolitan area potential exist for industries to locate in the District to produce for consumption by ready market in Accra and Tema for export.
- The District is a gateway – through the Volta Lake – to the northern part of the country with the support of an inland port at Akosombo managed by the Volta lake Transport Company providing easy transport for raw materials from the North.
Easy access to power from the Akosombo Hydro-electric Plant located, right in the heart of the district.
- Proximity of the District to Accra, Tema, Lome (Togo) and many urban centres connected with good road-network.
- Location of industries like Akosombo Textiles Limited (ATL), Juapong Textile Limited (JTL) within the District.
The potential also exists in the district for the development of:
- Bricks and Tiles industry, Quarrying due to much rock at Boso, Tortibo and other parts of the district.
- Production for mineral water.
- Due to proximity of the district to the Accra – Tema Metropolitan area, potential exists for industries to be located in the district.
Date Created : 11/23/2017 4:47:25 AM