Ejisu Assembly Members accuse MCE for underdevelopment of the municipality
The MCE for Ejisu Municipal has been accused by assembly members of being the cause of retarded growth or development in the municipality.
Date Created : 2/13/2019 4:50:39 AM : Story Author : Esinam P. Ibrahim/Ghanadistricts.com
The angry members listed eighteen charges against her during a special meeting on Tuesday, the 12th of February, 2019 at the assembly hall.
The members who formed one third (1/3) of the total number of assembly members had their spokesperson, Mr. Ofori Atta, Assembly Member for Kwaso Electoral Area tailored their grievances before the house.
• Lack of micro economic stability,
• Misuse of internally generated fund, and
• Lack of support for small scale industries which has rendered the Business Advisory Center (NBSSI) ineffective;
• Unaccounted for MDA common fund from 3rd quarter of 2017 to 2nd quarter of 2018.
• Zero development such as building of schools and rehabilitation of roads since she assumed office. For instance the Abankro-Ejisu road, refusal to relocate traders to a suitable place, also failed to promote tourism in the municipality, lack of potable water for some deprived communities, poor sanitation, lack of furniture for some basic schools and logistics such as A4 sheets in some health centers
Besides, she was also accused of failing to support government institutions to function properly, like the Ghana National Fire Service which has been denied its GHS400.00 monthly fuel remittance to help attend to disasters in the municipality.
The disability fund they said is not also being enjoyed by persons with disability and it was only once she allowed it to be disbursed among them since she came into office.
Similarly, with her autocracy style, procurement rules are not being followed and so purchases are made without regards to any regulation just as proper accounting rules are not being adhered to, the stressed.
The Hon. Member cited that monies accrued from operations of the grader are kept by the MCE herself when the assembly has accountants.
Adding that her bad inter personal relationship with the members and the general staff is least to be desired.
For her response, the Hon. Presiding member pleaded on her behalf with the assembly members to give two weeks to prepare for her response to the charges appropriately.