Ghana Institute of Linguistics, Literacy and Bible Translation GILLBT):
GILLBT started work in the district in 1976 when Bill Leonhard came to Nkwanta South to do language survey work. GILLBT is basically involved in:
- Bible Translation
- Literacy and Training.
Community Based Rehabitation of the Blind:
This is an NGO that is involved in the rehabilitation of the blind. Other activities of the CBRB include:
» Eye Screening
* Provision of glasses
Ghana Education Project (GEP):
The Ghana Education Project is a newly formed NGO in the district. It’s major aim is to promote education and sports in the district. Some of the activities include:
- Provision of teachers’ resources centre
- Exchange programmes
- Training of teachers and pupils
- Provision of learning materials to school
- A sport and arts complex is currently being put up by the project.
Hunger and Poverty Reduction Foundation :( HUPREF)
HUPREF is involved in:
- Water and Sanitation Education
- Provision of Boreholes
- Provision of household toilets.
- AFRAM PLAINS DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION :( APDO) p.p is also invoIved in the provision of potable, water, and guinea worm eradication programme.
Youth and Social Enterprise Fund (Y-SEF)
The main objective of this organization is to promote the development of the private sector through empowerment programmes. In this direction the organization provides consultancy and other technical support in areas, which include:
- Entrepreneurship and micro-enterprise development
- Designing and implementing specifically Youth and Women empowerment programmes.
- Sustainable environmental management, water and sanitation, health and hygiene development programmes • Community ownership and management building.
World Vision Ghana (NKWANTA SOUTH ADP):
The World Vision Ghana, Nkwanta South Area Development Project (ADP) in partnership with the Municipal Assembly, Churches, various government departments and other NGOs, have made enormous contribution to the development of the district in the areas of education, health, capacity building, Christian witness, Water and Sanitation Gender and Development and Micro Enterprise Development.
Orral Concern Organization:
This is also a non-profit making organization in the district. The organization has a long term objective of assisting the marginalized in its area of operation to fight poverty. This NGO is involved in
- Institutional support programmes
- Sponsorship programmes
- Training of Young women
Women and Development Project (WADEP):
The Women and Development Project started in 1995 as a joint project between SNV and the RC Diocese of Jasikan. The focus of the Project includes:
• Micro - credit
• Training in income generating activities
• Strengthening of Women’s groups
Date Created : 11/23/2017 7:35:43 AM