Economic Activity Status
Economic activity status refers to economic or non-economic activity of respondents during the 7 days preceding census night. Information on type of activity was collected on persons 5 years and older. The economically active group constitutes 68.0 percent while the proportion economically not active is 32.0 percent.
With respect to the economically active population, 93.7 percent are employed, while the unemployed constitute a little more than six percent (6.3%). Even though differences exist between males and females in terms of their respective proportion to the economically active and economically not active population, these are more pronounced in the latter than the former. For instance, for persons who did home duties, the proportion of females is 24.7 percent compared to 10.8 percent for males. Also, 53.8 percent of the males are in full time education while that of the female proportion was 38.0 percent.
Economic Activity by sex and age
The economic activity status of the population 15 years and older by age and sex. The employed population within the age group 15-19 years recorded the lowest (16.6%) while the highest employment is found within the age group 40-44.The reason could be that school attendance takes precedence over work among the former age group. This is reflected in the fact that almost 80 percent of the age group 15-19 is economically not active. Close to 40 percent of the population 65 years and over are employed while the remaining 60 percent are economically not active.
Currently, there are three institutions located in the district. The main service points are Ofoase, the district capital, Ayirebi and Akokoaso who are providing financial services to the farmers, businesses and individuals.
Date Created : 11/23/2017 3:16:15 AM