Goals And Objective
- To improve farmers income level
1. To increase the production of oil palm from 3o% to 60% by 2009
2. To increase inland fish production from 20% to 50% by 2009
3. To increase livestock production from 10% to 30% by 2009
4. To promote Banana cultivation in the district among 320 farmers by 2009
5. To increase Valley bottom rice production from 10% to 50% by 2009
6. To reduce land degradation by 20% by 2009
7. To increase staff quarters from 8 to 25 by 2009
8. To Increase farmers award from 20 to 40 award winners
9. To enhance production of black pepper/ Cabbages and other vegetables
- To increase the production of oil palm from 30% to 50% by 2009
1. Access to improved variety from Kade Oil Palm Research Institute (OPRI)
2. Stakeholders to release land to farmers
3. Facilitate close collaboration between farmers and Agric Extension Officer
4. Farmers assess to (AEA) Agricultural Extension in Marketing of palm fruits
5. Procure small scale processing machinery to farmers
6. Organize oil palm farmers into groups. Assembly to initiate special initiative on Oil Palm (PSI) through the establishment of Nurseries.
- To increase inland fish production from 20% to 50% by 2009
1. Assist fish farmers to construct 120 ponds
2. Assist the two trained fish farmers to produce fingerings for fish farmers
3. Educate 100 youth in inland fish farming
4. Sensitization of 100 youth in inland fish farming
5. Facilitate farmers access to markets
- To increase livestock production from 10% to 30% by 2009
1. To step up animal husbandry practices
2. Enforce the byelaws in animal rearing
3. Agric Extension Personnel’s to train 100 farmers including the youth on proper animal rearing.
4. To train 30 community veterinary personnel to cover the 13 Urban /Areas Councils
5. Construct two slaughter houses in the Municipality
6. Create awareness of animal rearing to farmers
7. Rehabilitate 4 butcher houses
- To promote Banana cultivation in the district among 320 farmers by 2009
1. Create awareness of Banana cultivation
2. Train 320 farmers and youth on improved technology in banana production
3. Agric Extension Officers to assist farmers secure in banana seedlings for cultivation
- To increase Valley bottom rice production from 10% to 50% by 2009
1. Create awareness in rice production
2. Identify additional valley bottoms .
3. Train 200 youth in rice production
4. Assist 200 youth to set up rice farms
- To reduce land degradation by 20% by 2009
1. Facilitate Concurrent reclamation
2. Facilitate Agro Forestry Programmes by establishing 400 wood farms
3. Promote Agro-forestry cottage industries by training 200 farmers/youth
- To increase staff quarters from 8 to 13 by 2009
1. Construct 5 No Semi-detached staff quarters for extension officers.
- To Increase farmers award from 20 to 40 award winners
1. Sponsor 40 award winners
- To promote the cultivation of black pepper and Cabbages among 300 farmers.
1. Identify 400 youth/farmers’ and give training
2. Supply youth/ farmers with seedlings through MOFA
- To train 30 AEA Officers in improved farming techniques
Trade and Industry
1. To promote trade and small scale industries.
- To assist and to promote conducive environment for the development of trade and industry by 2009
1. To promote the setting up of 50 agro-processing industries by 2009
2. To facilitate access to credit facilities 800 people by 2009
3. To encourage the formation of 50 farmers association by 2009
4. To extend electricity to 30 communities in 2009
5. To improve 200 kilometers of feeder roads by 2009
6. To provide 50 kilometers of feeder roads by 2009
- To promote the setting up of 130 agro-processing industries by 2009
1. Register interested agro - processing groups.
2. Purchase small scale agro processing machines to groups
3. Train some of the recipients on the maintenance and handling of the machines
4. Construct shelter for the agro processing machines
- To facilitate access to credit facilities 800 people by 2009
1. Facilitate access to credit facilities from the micro credit fund and NBSSI
2. Groups to join credit Union Association to access credit
3. Register all the private money lenders for the use of the farmers.
- To encourage the formation of 50 farmers association by 2009
1. Sensitize farmers on the importance and benefits of Association
2. Department of Co-operative and NBSSI to register farmers Association
- To extend electricity to 15 communities in the District by 2009
1. Conduct feasibility studies in 15 identified communities for the extension of electricity
2. The Assembly provides 1,000 high tension poles and 1,500 low tension poles.
3. Award contract for the extension of electricity to 15 communities
- To improve 200 kilometers of feeder roads by 2009
1. Assembly liaises with DFR/GHA to construct 200km of roads.
2. Construct 36 No Pipe culverts
3. Construct Drains in 16 Towns
- To improve assess to I.C.T in the Municipality.
1. To provide 2 No I.C.T. Resource Centres in the District by 2009
- Construct and Equip I C T Centre
- Train personnel’s to man I. C. T. Centre
1. To promote the tourism industry.
- To create enabling environment to improve tourism by 2009
1. Build Data on tourist sites
2. Construct access tracks to tourist site
3. Print brouchers on tourist attractions
4. Create websites on tourist sites
5. Tourism Development Committee
6. Sensitize chiefs and people on the importance of domestic tourism.
7. Collaborate with FSD to develop of Nueng north/ South forest into Eco- tourism area (FSB’ Globally significant biodiversity management).
- To create an enabling environment for employment
1. To train 200 youths in employable skills by 2009
- Establish technical training centre with equipment for Tarkwa and Prestea
- Collaborate with NGO’s & other development partners.
- Provide equipment tools and seed capital to 30 trainees
1. To ensure sustainable alternative livelihood.
- To assist 300 farmers in mining areas to go into alternative livelihoods by 2009
1. Identify 300 farmers and provide training in rearing of grass-culters etc.
2. Assist the 300 trained farmers with building materials and seed capital
- To provide and improve school infrastructure .
1. To provide 62 classroom blocks with ancillary facilities by 2009
2. To improve the quality of 42 classroom blocks by 2009
3. To provide 25088 dual desks and 1690 cupboards by 2009
4. To increase Teacher Accommodation by 52 No 6-unit semi detach block by 2009
5. To provide GES Office Complex by 2009
- To provide 62 Classroom Blocks with Ancillary Facilities By 2009
1. Construct 20 No 6 – Unit Classroom block with ancillary facilities.
2. Construct 22 No 3-Unit Classroom block with ancillary facilities
3. Construct 20 No 2-Unit classroom block with ancillary facilities
- To improve the quality of 42 classroom blocks by 2009
1. Rehabilitate 12 No 6-Unit classroom block
2. Rehabilitate 15 No 3-unit classroom block
3. Rehabilitate 15 No 2 – unit classroom block
- To provide 25088 dual desks and 1690 cupboards by 2009
1. Procure 7500 KG Tables and Chairs and 330 cupboards
2. Procure 5322 Basic School 1-3 Dual Desk and 423 cupboards
3. Procure 5509 Basic School 4-6 Dual Desk and 420 cupboards
4. Procure 6754 Mono Desk for J .S.S and 517 cupboards
- To increase Teacher Accommodation by 24 No 4-unit semi detached block by 2009
1. Construct 24 No 4 – unit semi detach teachers accommodation
- To provide Ghana Education Service Office complex by 2009
1. Construct GES Office Complex
- To provide adequate number of trained teachers in the Municipality.
1. To sponsor 406 Teacher Trainees and assist 400 untrained teachers
- Sensitize SSSCE graduates on Teacher sponsorship opportunities.
- Promote and encourage Teacher Development, Access Courses for 400 Teacher, Assist 400 non-professional teachers to complete professional training through Access Course.
- Sponsor 406 Teacher Trainees in Training Colleges.
1. To improve learning outcome.
- To improve Literacy and Numeracy rate from 40% to 65% by 2009
- Increase Teaching and Learning Materials by 20%
- Expand Teachers Awards from 12 teachers to 24 teachers
- Expand S.T.M.E programme participation by 20%.
- Intensify school supervision through regular school visit and inspection
- Conduct periodic In-Service training programmes for teachers
- Organise annual Mock Examination by
- Institute Special Rural Teachers Schemes
1. To improve Sports in the Municipality.
- To improve sports facilities and other facilities and other discipline from 5% to 30%
1. Rehabilitate Tarkwa and Aboso (T/A) Park to the status of Mini-Stadia
2. Procure 20 additional sports equipment
3. Facilitate the posting of sports coaches t
4. Facilitate annual sports competition in the Municipality.
5. Collaborate with traditional authorities to acquire land for new sports stadium
6. Prepare Engineered Drawings
- To improve Health Care delivery
1. Increase the (CHPS) Community Base and Health Planning Services from 6 to 10 by 2009
2. Improve the Health infrastructural facilities by 50% by 2009
3. Increase Health Personnel in the district by 20% by 2009
4. Improve access to water at the Tarkwa Government Hospital
- Increase the (CHPS) Community Base and Health Planning Services from 6 to 10 by 2009
1. Sensitize Communities on CHPS
2. Construct 4 No CHPS Compounds
3. Provide personnel and logistics
- Improve the Health infrastructural facilities by 50% by 2009
1. Construct a new Municipal Hospital
2. Construct 2 borehole at Tarkwa Government Hospital
3. Construction of staff bungalow at government Hospital
- Increase Health Personnel in the district by 20% by 2009
1. Sponsor the training of 100 Medical and Para-Medical Personnel
- Improve access to water at Tarkwa Government Hospital
1. To reduce the high malaria prevalence
- To reduce the Malaria Prevalence rate by 30% by 2009
1. Sensitise Communities on Malaria Preventive measures.
2. Promote the use of treated mosquito nets by supply 1,500 pcs
- To reduce the prevalence of HIV/AIDS in the District
1. To reduce the rate of new infection by 30% by the year 2009
2. To increase support for PLWHA from 5% to 20% by 2009
- To reduce the rate of new infection by 30% by 2009
1. Sensitise target risk groups on behavioural change
2. Intensify the campaign on the use of condoms
- To increase support for PLWHA from 5% to 20% by 2009
1. Identify PLWHA to form association
2. Educate the public to accommodate PLWHA
3. Set up resource centre
4. Collaborate with GHS to provide ART- for PLWHA
5. Provide Financial and Logistic Support for World Aids Day Celebration
6. Provide food support to PLWHA
7. Capacity/logistics Strengthening of committee
- To manage the population .
1. To reduce the growth rate from 3.2% to2.9 by 2009
- Educate the public on Family Planning
- Intensify education on Girl Child
- Public sensitization on responsible parenting
- Provide financial and logistic support for world population day celebration
- Equip DPAC with logistics end equipments
Safe Water & Environmental Sanitation
1. To increase access to portable water
1. To increase access to portable water by 30% by 2009
- Rehabilitate broken 70 No down boreholes and 50 Nohand dug wells District wide
- Construct No 45 hand dug well with pump
- Construct No 45 boreholes with pumps
- Construct No-4 small town water system
- Reactive WATSAN Committees
1. To improve environmental sanitation by 2009
- Improve environmental sanitation from 50% to 70% by 2009
- Encourage the construction of household and institutional toilet facilities district wide by 2009.
1. To improve environmental sanitation from 50% to 65% by 2009
- Organise sensitization programme on environmental sanitation
- Enforce environmental bye laws
- Sponsor the training of 60 environmental sanitation personnel.
- Procure of 40 refuse containers
- Procure of refuse containers
- Procure equipment for environmental health department
- Construct 12 No Modern incinerators in 12 Urban/Area Councils
1. To improve liquid waste management by encouraging the construction of house hold and institution toilets District wide by 2009 toilet facilities wide by 2009
- Convert all 74 No of the Assembly Pan Latrine into WC
- Procure 1 septic empties
- Encourage the construction of 200 household toilets and support construction of 40 institutional toilets.
- Construct 13 modern incinerators at 13 Area/Urban Council head quarters.
- Construct 30 No 16 seater aqua – privy toilet in the Muncipality.
- Construct 9 No 20 seater WC toilet at Tarkwa & Prestea and others
- Convert 2 No 20 seater Pan Latrine to W.C. toilets
1. To encourage proper housing layout
- To collaborate with stakeholders of communities to establish proper housing layout by 2009
1. Sensitise the public on importance of housing layout
2. Establish13 layout committees in the Area Council Capitals
3. Develop layout of the 13 Area Council Capitals
4. Construct drains 13 Area/Urban Council Capitals
5. Rehabilitate government quarters in Tarkwa
6. Enforce building rules and regulations
7. Employ 3 Building Inspectors.
8. Facilitate the posting of a qualified surveyor.
Good Governance & Civic Responsibility
- To make the sub-structures of the Assembly functional
1. To provide office accommodation for (7) seven area councils in the district by 2009
2. To create enabling environment for all adults (especial women) to participate in local governance by 2009
3. To provide offices and accommodation for Assembly by 2009.
- To provide office accommodation for (7) seven area councils in the district by 2009
1. Construct 7 No Area Council Office blocks
2. Employ core staff for the 7 Area Council
3. Provide logistics for the 13 Urban/Area Councils
4. Provide 10 motor Bikes for the Urban /Area Councils
- To create enabling environment for all adults (especial women) to participate in local governance by 2009
1. Embark on community sensitization on Local Governance
2. Organise workshops for women groups and vulnerable
3. Provide Financial support for women aspirants in District Level Elections
- To provide offices and accommodation for Assembly by 2009
1. Construct Assembly Office complex
2. Construct 8 unit modern Guest House
3. Construct 8 No 2 unit semi detached bungalow
4. Construct 25 No culverts
- Develop efficient accounting system by 2009
1. To computerize the entire Assembly Accounting by 2009
- Procure 15 PCs and accessories
- Engage an ICT specialist to develop an accounting software system
- Train Accounting Staff in ICT
1. To improve upon Assembly revenue base by 2009
- Increase revenue mobilization from 60% to 70% by 2009
1. Sensitize the public on the payment of taxes
2. Organize training programmes for revenue collectors
3. Rehabilitate 15 markets with toilet facilities
4. Create motivational packages for revenue collectors
5. Revise property rate
6. Cede some aspect of revenue collection Area/Urban Councils.
7. Provide 8 Lorry Parks
- To reduce the incidence of Child Labour by 2009
1. To reduce the incidence of child labour from 0-80 percent by 2009
- Straitening of Technical and Logistical capacity of relevant District Agencies
- Social mobilization of community to fight against Child Labour
- Enforcement of laws against Child Labour
1. To create a data base in the district by 2009
- Identify the relevant data
- Collect and collate Primary and Secondary data
- Harmonize the data into a data bank
- Provide 2 P.Cs. and accessories
1. Improve welfare of women and the vulnerable.
- To increase support to women and the vulnerable from 5% to 30% by 2009
1. Encourage women and the vulnerable to form groups
2. Provide skill training for women and vulnerable groups
3. Provide equipment, tools and start up capital
Date Created : 11/21/2017 5:19:13 AM
- District Sublinks
- Other Links
- Other Officers