District Development Priorities
Theme: Private Sector Competitiveness
1. Expand credit facilities to farmers and processors
2. Improve agricultural extension services to farmers and processors
3. Reduce environmental degradation
4. Provide electric power to major communities
5. Reduce high post harvest losses
6. Provide telecommunication services
7. Construct dugouts, wells and dams for irrigation and animal husbandry
8. Promote the tourism potentials of the district
Theme: Human Resources Development
1. Provide water facilities
2. Reduce incidence of guinea worm
3. Reduce high incidence of malaria/trachoma
4. Improve teaching and learning in basic schools
5. Improve health services delivery
6. Expand support for HIV/AIDS activities
7. Improve the literacy skills of the adult population
8. Improve waste disposal
9. Improve nutritional status of children
Theme: Good Governance and Civic Responsibility
1. Improve revenue mobilization
2. Improve the level of women in decision-making positions
3. Improve security and law enforcement.
4. Improve the capacity of MDAs and district sub-structures
Monitoring And Evaluation
The Logicalframe Matrix described below will serve as the Monitoring and Evaluation guide. The Monitoring of the implementation of the Plan as denoted by the Annual Action Plans will be done on a daily basis at the activity level.
The DPCU is responsible for Monitoring activities and it will require Lead Agencies to complete Monthly Progress Reports on activities under their domain in an agreed format. The information collected will be analyzed by the DPCU and presented at Quarterly Review Meetings. The Quarterly Review Meetings will seek to answer the Performance Questions at the activity level and to determine the extent of implementation of activities in each programme area of the plan.
There will be a Mid-tern Evaluation and an End of Planning period Evaluation of the plan. The Mid-tern Evaluation will be conducted by the DPCU and it will focus on the achievement of outputs. The End of Planning period Evaluation will be done by an External Evaluator and it will focus on the attainment of objectives and outcomes of the programme areas.
Date Created : 11/17/2017 5:15:59 AM